Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Sleeping Babies: before I painted shoes.






















Hello friends! I thought you all might be interested in seeing what I did before I painted shoes.

I used to work at a daycare with the 1 year olds. It was a full time job, so I had little time to do any artwork, except for during nap time. It was the perfect time to sketch! The room was quiet, softly lit, and filled with twelve beautiful sleeping babies. Even now, I look back on those times with fond memories.


















Each day during nap time, when all the little ones were sleeping peacefully, I'd choose a child to sit next to and I'd sketch for about 30 minutes. It was interesting to see how each child slept. Some preferred to sleep on their bellies with their bottoms propped up in the air, while others reclined back with their arms beneath their heads. Some had to have pacifiers in order to sleep...


















...while others drooled, but in an adorable way! Lol!

In every way, I count myself blessed to have been a part, no matter how small, of these precious babies' lives. And I am so glad that I have these sketches to look back on to remember the sweet times we all had together. Sigh, I miss them all so much!

If you enjoyed looking at these sketches, you are welcome to come see some more that I posted on my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-Miranda-Marie/317384838291519

God bless!
Love,
Miranda Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment